Tuesday 28 June 2011

Education Matters!

Education Matters!
The ever changing world of education keeps on being ever changing. The speed of change from Government is monumental. Policy developments appear on a weekly basis, with schools, colleges and universities attempting to respond accordingly.

Interestingly the ideas that Mr Gove is promoting, fit very closely with our own views. So may be the pace of change is just what we need.

Dinner with a Knight.
I was fortunate enough to attend the "Guest Dinner" of Queen Mary University last week. I had the pleasure of sitting alongside Sir Michael Wiltshaw. Sir Michael is the Principal of the most successful academy in the country. As Principal of Mossbourne Academy he has taken the school to new heights - an act we will endeavour to follow.

Birthday Honours.
Nothing as exciting as a knighthood - it was my birthday last week!

My favourite gift was from my youngest child. It was a homemade badge which had my age printed on it. Whilst I don't plan to say how old I am, for those mathematicians out there I am exactly double 21!!

And Finally...
The prom is quickly approaching and the special suprise guest is booked. All I can say is that he or she is from BRITAIN and has GOT TALENT too ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment